On May 27, 1912, thirteen brethren from lodges across Indiana petitioned the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of the Ancient and Honorable Fraternity of Free and Accepted Masons of the State of Indiana for a warrant empowering them to organize a new Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons in Beech Grove, Indiana. During the annual communication of the Grand Lodge on May 27, 1913, these thirteen brothers’ request was granted. On June 26, 1913, Edward H. Wolfe, Grand Inspector and Special Deputy, constituted Beech Grove Lodge No. 694 at Beech Grove, and installed the officers.
The first lodge hall was located on the corner of Seventh and Main Streets on the second floor, being rented from John and William Clapp, members of the lodge. The purchase of the building site and present location of the temple was made during the year of 1941. In September 1941, William Schackel, a member of Pleasant Lodge No. 134, traded his two lots for the five lots owned by Beech Grove Lodge on the condition that a lodge of Free and Accepted Masons be erected on this site. The dedication was held on March 7, 1942.